Stories posted are written by National news Journalists, not by this blog.
Our Blog Tips

Ramsey Man Kills Himself 2 Days Before Child Sex Abuse Trial

4-28-15 Minnesota:

A 46-year-old Ramsey man accused of sexually abusing several children in the north Twin Cities metro killed himself Saturday, according to authorities. His trial was scheduled to begin Monday.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said Chad Geyen died from a shotgun wound to the head by suicide early Saturday afternoon at the Elm Creek Park Reserve in Dayton.

Geyen is accused of having inappropriate sexual contact with multiple children over the course of several years. Authorities said all of the children were 13 years old or younger at the time when the offenses began.

The complaint states one case took place from November 2012 to Nov. 20, 2013. The other cases took place from 1995 to 2001.

According to the charges, Geyen met the children through his involvement with the “Big Brothers” program from about 1989 to 1993. At least one of the victims met him through the “Young Eagles Program” at the Blaine Airport as Geyen has a private pilot’s license. It’s a program for kids interested in aviation.

The complaint states Geyen engaged in criminal sexual conduct with at least five young boys. The incidents occurred at Geyen’s home and cabin, according to the charges.

Jake Taylor wants people to know what he said Geyen did to him.

“Pretended to be like a father figure to me when I was really young, like 6 or 7, and that’s how all the abuse started,” Taylor said.

The now 25-year-old said the repeated sexual abuse continued for about 10 years.

“He was pretty much just a really evil person,” Taylor said. “He never ever admitted or accepted that he did anything wrong.”

“In our opinion Mr. Geyen clearly was dangerous, and he was seeking out and certainly did act upon his desires toward young boys,” Anoka County Attorney Tony Palumbo said.

Palumbo hopes Geyen’s suicide doesn’t adversely affect his victims.

“It is an ending that really benefits no one,” Palumbo said.

Taylor wanted to see Geyen in court, hoping he would show some remorse.

“I was really looking forward to him having to admit what he did in court or be found guilty by a court, serve some time or be punished in some way for what he did,” Taylor said.

But he recognizes this outcome saves victims from having to publicly re-live the alleged abuse.

“It’s my personal belief that he isn’t escaping judgement anyway,” Taylor said.

Geyen faced up to 90 years in prison and more than $100,000 in fines if convicted on all charges.

The Anoka County Sheriff’s office and Dayton police are investigating. ..Source.. by Jennifer Mayerle

No comments: