Stories posted are written by National news Journalists, not by this blog.
Our Blog Tips

A Colorado fugitive who killed himself identified

3-10-2012 Montana:

A Colorado fugitive who killed himself in a Ballantine motel Friday night has been identified.

Brenton David Glaser, 29, of Evans, Colo., was wanted for contempt of court out of Weld County, Colo., and is listed on the county's most-wanted list, according to the Weld County Sheriff's website. Members of the Montana Violent Offenders Task Force and Yellowstone County Sheriff's deputies were attempting to serve him with a felony warrant when he killed himself. The warrant, which does not list a bond amount, lists Glaser's original charge as sexual assault.

Officers responded to Tiger Town Convenience Store and Motel at 2253 S. 16th Road, Room 2, at about 5:30 p.m., to serve Glaser with the felony warrant.

"We received information from the Colorado Task Force on Friday about the suspect possibly being in our area," U.S. Marshal Darrell Bell said. "Once we were given that information, we confirmed his whereabouts."

Sheriff Mike Linder said officers entered Glaser's motel room, but before they could detain him, he had locked himself into the bathroom. When officials forced entry into the bathroom, they found Glaser had "cut himself in the neck causing severe damage and bleeding."

He continued to resist, Linder said, so officials used a Taser in attempt to prevent Glaser from causing injury to officers or further injury to himself.

"He was a really big man," Linder said. "There were state, local, federal and extra sheriff's deputies there. You just never know what's going to happen in these felony fugitive cases, so we took every precaution."

There were no medical or law enforcement personnel injured, and no shots were fired.

Immediately after using the Taser on Glaser, officials applied first aid and called for medical help, Linder said. The Worden ambulance and the HELP Flight helicopter responded, but the helicopter was canceled when Worden medical responders were unable to revive him.

Motel owner Carol Hayes said she checked the man into the room Wednesday. She would not reveal further details.

Linder said as far as officers know, Glaser was traveling alone. ..Source.. by CARMEN DAYE IRISH

No comments: